Author Topic: The Ascent Project - Highpoly Descent Models  (Read 14645 times)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Re: The Ascent Project - Highpoly Descent Models
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2012, 07:57:01 AM »
It's hard to recognize it as the Smelter we're used to seeing, yes, but I think the design is a huge improvement over the original nonetheless. The original smelter never really looked that robot-y to me. This new design does. So it all works out for me. :D
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2012, 11:23:12 AM »
I think he was a cute little murderous machine... :(

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2012, 11:28:10 AM »
Love your work on the Smelter.  Very very cool.

Offline TheAscentProject

• Silver
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2013, 08:20:22 PM »
Hello everyone, I know it has been a while but I just wanted to update you all on what I've been working on (along with many other community members): Sol Contingency, a fanmade remake of Descent that I'm sure a lot of you have heard about by now. We've officially launched our own webpage! Come check us out at www.preparefordescent.com where you can find a some of my conceptual work in the gallery (C2D, Small Hulk, among others) along with a Teaser trailer I created with the help of a couple of members of our team.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2013, 06:02:00 AM »
Nice, I really liked the Class 2 Drone. :D

The menu music they released was awesome too.  8)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Naphtha

• Silver
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2013, 04:05:54 PM »
Yeah, Verran did great work with the main theme.  Kudos to him for that! :)

Really like those new models too, though the proportions on the Class 2 Drone are a little different.  Not that I'm really complaining, since I sort of like the look of two units bound together (maybe "Gemini" as a sort of codename like the Descent 3 robots?).  The Small Hulk turned out really well too, and I can't wait to see the Medium Lifter or Diamond Claw when it's complete.

Great job so far, and best of luck to the entire staff on the project!
First Lieutenant for the Red Dragons in the Descent Rangers. Join our ranks today!

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2013, 05:40:24 PM »
I've been pushing to have the Diamond Claw and I'd like to see maybe Gyro or Thresher as well; but right now we're inconclusive on the idea of having non-D1 bots.

I've been working a little bit on soundtrack and I might even have one song in the first episode -- maybe not recognizable as my work! -- but the things I've really been spending more time on are far subtler and less obvious, although they tie into almost every aspect of the game...

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets