Author Topic: I ask again for your prayers, best of luck, whatever  (Read 9572 times)

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
Re: I ask again for your prayers, best of luck, whatever
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 01:52:03 AM »
Sorry we got side tracked. It's good you're making progress. Also, if you need to talk about it, you're welcome to private message me. You can't startle me with anything. I'm an open book and have almost heard it all. You need to get it off your chest, whatever it is, so I'm here.
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2012, 08:44:44 AM »
I needed prayers, advice on what to do, etc. ...
You got it.  I'm glad to hear you're confronting the issue as well.  Helps you to build your strength and confidence as you overcome it. 

Do you have anyone local to you that knows about this and may be able to help you?

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2012, 06:32:02 PM »
best I have is a co-worker/friend from my job. I see him generally 3 days out of a work week, and typically just with him on projects for the full 8 hours.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2012, 01:49:55 PM »
Quote from: Kaiaastel
I would agree with Bett though, if you want medication or even just a professional opinion (and from what you have said I think it would be a good idea) it's best to go see a doctor.

In this instance, a doctor is only going to be so much help anyway. It'll still be up to Vanguard to do what he can to beat this on his own.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2012, 03:07:15 PM »
Yes, but a psychiatrist will know best what that is and can recommend ways to do it.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2012, 09:59:29 AM »
I have been feeling quite well today. I believe the end is near

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2012, 10:20:21 AM »
Glad you're feeling better, Van.  :)

If you don't mind a little honest advice from me (I've gone through some heavy personal issues; not the same ones, but issues nonetheless):

* Be aware that when you feel like everything is going great, that can sometimes be a false high point.  If it really is a breakthrough, great!  Just don't let your guard down about what you know is going on inside you, because the triggers are often still there, and they can be especially dangerous if you feel like "it's not a problem anymore".

* As has been suggested here, consider going to a pro.  I have (no meds, just a professional in the area I needed help).  It took a couple of visits to find the right person, but it helped.  Don't worry about meds, you can always say no and look for someone else if they try to push something on you.  Just consider it.

---

And keep us posted.  :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 01:50:23 PM by Foil »

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 07:16:34 AM »
Thanks all. The following day it got worse, but later it was sort of back and forth. Today is great so far. I have a book now that talks about it, what to do, etc.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2012, 02:48:41 PM »
I can now bear good news.

First of all, I wish to thank everyone for their prays, advice, etc...
Thanks to my mother, she had come to a conclusion as to what was happening to me. I'll try to make this short. 20 some odd years back, she use to drink something, but felt funny from it. Now, as I brought it into the house, she recently started feeling that same horrible feeling.

It explains why I got this anxiety in June, and so bad. I bought it shortly after I moved, June 1st. This explains why I was feeling better for a short time, because I ran out of this thing.

What is it? Crystal Light. Reason, aspartame. It's horrible. It's basically a sweetner that can cause a lot of what I have been going through
Most of the effects are:

Headaches/Migraines (got that quite a few times)
Nausea (a few times)
Abdominal pain (yep, got that alright too)
Fatigue (on occasion, sure did)
Sleep problems (yep)
Vision problems (if you count feeling spaced out, yes. if blurry, don't believe so)
Anxiety attacks (hmm. what do you think?)
Depression (so so, yeah. not a lot, but here and there)
Asthma/chest tightness (asthma, don't believe so, but yes to chest tightness)

By the way, I was going through this for a good month or almost two before reading this.It isn't one of those things where I read it, then got phantom side affects.

Another week or so, and I should be good as new :)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2012, 05:48:14 PM »
Plus it tastes like sh*t.
No offense, but I find it amazing that people will eat -- or drink -- something like that purely because they can't digest it -- because it isn't supposed to be put in your body.  To any sensible creature that's a very, very good reason not to do just that.  It's like a cat trying to eat... lettuce.  Of course there will be side effects for putting something in your body that isn't supposed to be put in there.  Not to mention that generally the worst effects come from types of sugars you aren't made for.  But the main effect is Zero Calories -- and the side effects are far more subtle that outright vomiting.
And humans have a habit of consuming things they aren't meant to consume -- especially sugars they aren't made for.  You know what I'm talking about.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2012, 07:06:48 PM »
 ;D  That's good news, Vanguard.

Also, I agree with Kai, stuff with aspartame typically taste... well, awful.  I avoid as much as possible and go for the versions with 'normal' sugar in them.  I enjoy them so much better that way.

Only drawback is my 'goodyear'.  I really should exercise more. ::)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2012, 04:24:17 AM »
I don't understand why people just don't drink water. Is water too boring?  :o
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2012, 07:09:32 AM »
Yeah, I mean, water has been scientifically been proven to be the healthiest liquid to drink on the planet (in case people forgot), so you'd think that'd be reason enough. It's reason enough for me.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2012, 09:42:45 AM »
I agree. It scares me as to what people eat or drink just because the label makes it sound good and healthy. If I knew Crystal light had those kind of side effects, there is no way I would even touch it.
I am feeling a bit better already. Been a couple or few days since I've been off it.

Water boring? Yeah it can be. That's the only reason I decided to try it. Commers and fiji water is about all I can enjoy in terms of water.

I love cherry flavored drinks, or other berry drinks. All I know now is no crystal light.

Im starting to feel normal again. Not there yet, but for the first time in two months, im begininng to.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 09:44:51 AM by Vanguard »

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets