Author Topic: D2 Level 1 Portal 2 Version (IMG Heavy)  (Read 10034 times)

Offline Ronin RedFox

• PotD Maintainer
  • Gold
  • Dat Red Fox
Re: D2 Level 1 Portal 2 Version (IMG Heavy)
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 11:06:12 AM »
Sorry it's taking a while to complete this. I've completely redesigned the puzzle aspect of the level, also life and stuff is getting in the way. Expect it later this week, perhapsley.

And sure. I could definitely try D1 Level 1. I really wish that the In-game editor could do slopes and such, that'd really help in the construction of levels. Maybe it does and I just don't know how.. Oh well.
http://www.odf-online.org/ Home to Flight Back, D321GO!, and other Descent related projects, all open source!

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 06:49:30 PM »
That's part of the reason why I thought of D1 level 1, because it's more boxy than D2 level 2.

Anyway, I was thinking about it, and decided that if you don't do D1 level 1, I'll try and find time to do it next time I get the chance. With the Portal 2 editor, I don't think it'll be too hard (if only building REAL Descent levels was this easy).
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 06:54:52 PM »
It's not much harder honestly.
I was very surprised how they designed the editor so it almost feels like building a Descent level with cubes and whatnot.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2012, 07:03:14 PM »
Yeah, it does give those of us already experienced there a bit of a leg up. :D

But seriously, this new editor almost makes it too easy. I think I could easily make a fully functional, complex, test chamber in one day if I could spare the time. Could never do that with Descent.

But of course, Descent has more complicated details to keep into consideration. Portal is more straightforward. And even boxier.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Ronin RedFox

• PotD Maintainer
  • Gold
  • Dat Red Fox
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 09:26:06 AM »
Yeah, It's much easier. Anyone could do it.

The only thing about it is that you can't make a full sized level like what you would see in the campaign. It has boundaries. (I've not counted how many blocks you are allowed though.)
http://www.odf-online.org/ Home to Flight Back, D321GO!, and other Descent related projects, all open source!

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets